Foods That You Can Feed Your Parrot
Credits to the owners. See copyright disclaimer
This post contains affiliate links. Read the affiliate disclosure
Though this creature has a habit of wanting and eating a cracker, studies have shown that this magnificent and colorful animal needs more than that in order to maintain a healthy diet.
By following these simple tips, the person can find other things, which are also essential to the parrots diet.
1. Parrots should have also have some vegetables, cooked meats and grains just like humans. This is because these creatures need the same nutrients that people get from eating such produce.
2. A healthy diet also means giving the parrot the right portions in each meal. If the owner gives too much, this should be reduced. This will take some time to get it right so the individual should just monitor the volume each time this is given to the animal.
3. Parrots get sick very easily. If there is excess food in the plate, this should be removed because this becomes the breeding ground for bacteria and molds.
4. Aside from food, the parrot must also be given a fresh supply of water daily. This will avoid making the bird dehydrated, which can also cause it to get sick.
5. Many people see pet owners giving seeds and nuts frequently to the parrot. Studies have shown this should be done sparingly because it does not provide that much nutrients, which are needed for the birds diet.
6. Though parrots may eat almost anything that humans eat, these following should never be given. These are chocolates, avocados, caffeine, alcohol, kidney and lima beans.
7. Parrots should be fed twice day and enjoy it if the food is mixed in water in the bowl. It is advisable for the pet owner to wash the dish first before and after each meal to make sure it is free from bacteria and other germs that could endanger the life of the bird.
These are just a few tips in feeding the parrot. The owner can read up more by buying a book or doing some research on the Internet.
Before buying any food for the parrot, it will also be a good idea to seek the advice of a veterinarian. This specialist can check on the bird and recommend the proper items to be bought from the pet store.